The Dublin 12 and Canal Communities Drugs Task (D12&CC) Health Promotion/ Harm Reduction Project.
This project provides Harm Reduction/ Health Promotion Outreach across the 2 LDATF areas, reaching out to active drug users, their families and the local communities, providing workshops, drug paraphernalia, crisis counselling, referral and advocacy.
A partnership agreement between HSE and both D12\CC Task Forces has enabled a mobile needle exchange service to be available in Dublin12 on 2 days per week.
Contact Paul on 0860453822 for more details.
ADDITIONAL PREMISES-BASED NEEDLE EXCHANGE SERVICES FOR HARM REDUCTION IN SOUTH DUBLIN include:
Merchants Quay Ireland, provides needle exchange Monday to Friday from 10am to 12.45pm and 2pm to 4.30pm. A limited needle exchange is also available on weekends.
The HSE outreach team provides needle exchange in the following areas:
- Cherry Orchard Hospital on Monday afternoons between 2pm and 4.30pm
- St. Aengus in Tallaght on a Monday afternoons between 2pm and 4.30pm
- Ballyfermot Health centre on a Tuesday afternoons between 2pm and 4.30pm
- JADD in Tallaght Wednesday evenings between 6.30pm and 8pm
- Rialto Community Drug Team on Thursday evenings between 6.30pm and 8pm
CARP in Killinarden, Tallaght is a community needle exchange that is open Monday to Friday (except Tuesday afternoons) in the afternoons from 2pm to 5pm.